Saturday, April 04, 2015

"Top Pair" podcast

I was the guest on the latest episode (April 4, 2015) of the "Top Pair" poker podcast, which focuses on home games. You can listen to it here:

http://www.toppair.net/pls/apex/f?p=810:6:0::NO::: 

We talked about my history of getting into poker, my experiences with home games, and my poker writing here and for PokerNews.

They also spent some time in their previous episode (same link, scroll down a bit to March 21, 2015) talking about my PokerNews article on playing with cash on the table. It's from about 19:00 to 31:00 in that episode.


3 comments:

Rob said...

Enjoyed the podcast, and learning how you got into poker.

I do have a question. You talked about getting into poker from watching the WPT shows on Travel Channel. But you said you had absolutely no experience with poker before you started watching that.

I'm wondering how you started watching those shows at all? I mean, if you didn't know anything about poker, why would either seek that out--or more likely, why did you keep watching after the show came on after you were watching whatever was on before it?

TV poker had a hand in getting me into it too, but when I saw my first poker telecast, I had had some experience with the game in the past and had always enjoyed it, so it wasn't totally unknown to me. I don't think I would have watched more than 30 seconds if I had never played the game at all before.

Rakewell said...

It's a perfectly logical question, to which I don't have a perfectly logical answer. My memory is hazy of how things started, because of course I had no idea how deep my interest would become. I think I just saw some promos for the shows and thought they looked fun.

Memphis MOJO said...

I enjoyed it, too.